Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

GW2: Caite, Nick, and Marty


     I found myself in Divinity's Reach for no real reason I'd like to record down so that it can be later held against me. It's probably not a good idea for someone like to me to keep a journal, but I've been told it's good for my soul to have a place to put these things away so they can't weigh me down. I'm not sure it works like that. But I digress. I was looking for all the nifty places in shadow to linger in case I ran into trouble or had to run from the seraph. Or something worse. Caite found me rather quickly and though she took a different route than I to reach that spot, I was slightly impressed with her ability and speed. Of course I played it off and complimented her instead on her stalking abilities. Stalking can be a good trait to have in our line of work, however. 

      She still has a bit to learn about reaching the places she may need to get, but her finding of me is more skilled than I'll ever let her know. I guess out in the wild if she were a hunter, one would call her skill tracking. But I leave no foot prints on the city streets or the roof tops. She's an urban stalker. I can't help but wonder what it'll be like if I test her skills out in the wilderness. I shall have to try that later.


     I showed her one of my favorite spots to sit in this city. She didn't say so, but I know she was a bit surprised. It's only a little hidden, people coming can see me if they look and it's not as much in shadow as the places she normally finds me in. But it has a roof over it, making it shelter, and it's still hidden enough that most won't bother me there. It also only has one way to approach, making it defensible. It also has a bit of greenery, so if asked by a seraph, I can tell him I'm there to enjoy the vine in the shade. Or that I'm waiting for a friend to come down that certain set of stairs and we agreed to meet there. Knowing my luck that's when Caite would suddenly pop up and declare the waiting to be over. Come to think of it that would be lucky if trying to explain myself to a Seraph.

     Caite showed me her house in the Ossan Quarter. It's right near a tavern, though I don't know if she picked that location on purpose or it just happened that way. She suggested I try out the comfy bed and that her bear would tuck me in. I quickly informed him I needed a new rug, but Caite just laughed. I'm not sure she takes my threats seriously.

     We then went out into Queensdale to hunt. The only prey we found were centaurs, but several of them fell to the three of us. There were people in need of help so we established a local cover as wandering adventurers looking to aide the people in the lands we travel to. I'm just worried the bear might draw too much attention to us. I prefer to go unnoticed. I should get Caite to dress more colorfully when we're not really working so people will notice her and her bear and I can remain hidden from sight and memory, nothing more than an, "Oh wasn't someone with that girl and the bear?"

No comments:

Post a Comment