Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

Whriled: Art Update

I’m not sure I’ve mentioned it, but I have been trying to make some shrubs. I’ve had several goes at it and then put them in the forest to live with them for awhile. The danger there is I might get so used to looking at them, I forget how bad they look. For some reason when I save the image out of my paint program it tends to blend my colors together a little more and gets rid of some of my shading at times. Shading has always been my weakness though at any rate.
shrub

Speaking of shading, I have added more to the planks the dark brown tree house is made out of it. I didn’t update the tree house in the shop however because I’ve sold so many and didn’t want to mess up anyone’s room. Instead I just made myself a little personalized version. Anyone can copy the exact look by buying the tree house base and the windows and doors, they just wouldn’t get the planks that have the shading and highlights on them, or peeks of branches in the holes in the leaves. I might delist it and then relist in the future, but not sure on that yet.
Shade’s House

I made a purple rug to go in front of my fireplace in my purple room. The angles of the rug fit my room in the location I put it in, but may not suit everyone else as well. Just the same I listed it in the shop. I also made a teal rug.

purple rug

I have an empty tree house, because I don’t currently have a friend to put in it. I decided it needed a room though and I had a couple of extra, so I made a new backdrop. The backdrop looked very lovely in my painter, which is Corel, but the shading I used looked a lot darker in the finished saved file. I fixed it several times, but to keep the shading, I had to keep the dirty look. . . or use a different color. I finally decided the room was just a bit dingy and left it alone. It’s just an abandoned house anyway.
Sea Room

I tried to make a dark looking door that would have a leading to the abyss kind of feel to it, but it didn’t really come across just right. I’ll probably try to fix it in the future. For now it’s in my room and leading to the vampire hall.
Abysmal door

I also decided to try to make my own fireplace. I took a shortcut and used the post I’d already made that matched the brown tree house. I shouldn’t have taken said shortcut however as the post doesn’t really seem to work. I’ve noticed since then that a lot of the fireplaces are darker on the inside, but I made my lighter because I always have a fire burning and fire puts off light. Not sure how much I like the brick I made either. But this was only my first go at the fireplace and I’ll probably redo it completely in the future.

On the screen shot of the fireplace, you can also see a little forest painting I did of my own forest backdrop. I took part of the forest background, cropped it, and shrank it to fit in the frame, then put a texture over it to make it look like canvas. With it as small as it now is, it’s hard to see the texture. Everything else (books, grate, fire, cat, and candle) in that shot was bought.
Fireplace in Shade’s house.

No comments:

Post a Comment