Pages

Monday, August 11, 2008

Conquer Online: Newbie Led Astray

I’ve decided to revisit Conquer Online for a review. I started over on a different server with a new character to regain a feel of it and see how newbie friendly the game is.
Newbie Newbie looking out from Birth Village

While running around killing pheasants a trojan guy came running up to me. I fled toward a guard just in case he was going to try and kill me. Instead he invited me to his party, but just stood there, so I went back to killing. Finally he asked me to follow and slowly lead me down toward the apes. Seriously he ran the whole way, he didn’t jump which is quicker. He was really bad at power leveling though. He wouldn’t pick a spawn. Then he switched to an archer and kept flying around leaving the little Newb in tow on the ground where the monsters would target her instead of the flying archer. Good thing I’ve played before and know how to jump away. Eventually I got left out in the wilderness and had to make my way to Ape City for safety. Good thing I’ve played before and knew where the city was. I can’t imagine how horrible it’d be for a true newb to be taken out and left like that.
Newbie in the wilderness

Oh, and as you can see from the above image, I got her a new hairdo.

No comments:

Post a Comment