Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Allods: Helping Others

(The following is written from Kherah's point of view.)

I was asked to do some strange things, like spread rumors about aliens or stand on one foot while holding my ear. Whatever my duty to the Empire calls me to do however, I'll do it.

Scarecrow placed
Stand on your right leg with your right hand on your left ear.

Of course I found the way into Purgatory again today. I suppose I have a subconscious need to go there at least once a day. I can't otherwise explain why I'm not much more careful. Perhaps I still have a longing for the grave, though that thought seems ludicrous. This issue needs further personal study.

Kherah died in the back of a mine.

I decided that the sun of in the Dead Sea was getting to me to I returned to my beloved city to cool off. I heard some people asking for help so I offered any help I could give. I helped kill many league spies in the Boiler Camp (Did Crushing Blow probably a dozen times) but then someone was having trouble finding something they needed to kill, so off I went to Bort to help Giantomg find the magical elementals. On my way there I had to decline a request from another I passed. My services were in great demand from Empire citizens last night.

I ended up in a party with Giantomg, Slayergod, and Elleryt. We all started out in the same location, but the boys decided they wanted to make it harder on me and it wasn't long before they went three different directions.


I rushed off to help Giantomg when he yelled out, but then I noticed the other two running around the memorial. I stopped and started dancing and Elleryt stopped to watch. An orc soon joined me and I commented on how well I dance. The orc said he liked mosh pits which started a small conversation about squished people in the bottom of a mosh pit after an orc leaps into it.

Random dancing with an orc

I then ran off with Slayer and Elleryt, but they drank potions to make them very large and only made me feel even shorter than I already am. But even when he's normal size he's the same height as myself. I should be taller than humans. I think the grave shrunk me.

Kherah feels short

As we were running to another area I noticed Giantomg was fighting some orcs so as I rushed up toward them I took out a few orcs. He asked where I'd come from and instead of saying I crawled out of a dark tomb, I decided to try and say I came from the light instead, so I said Tensess sent me. Now I feel a larger need to look into such things. It's amazing how one little innocent question can lead an Arisen such as myself to larger study.
Tensess sent me

We went to Yasker's Tower where we found a Xadaganian woman running around without her clothes. I told her to stop acting like an elf. This is the Empire and we should conduct ourselves in a much more refined nature.

Put clothes on

I then went to the Astral Quarter and killed a lot of spiders for my new friends. While there I saw a couple of League. I stopped to watch as one was killed, but he came back with a friend. They stopped and noticed me watching them, but I did not attack them and they did not attack me. My spider killing skills may be great, but I'm not ready yet to defend the Empire from our true enemies. They try to say we're the bad guys, but it's they who are always attacking us. One day I will attack back.

League in the Astral Quarter

I then decided to see what Giantomg was up to, because the boys had once again gone in three different directions. I found him trying to jump onto a light pole. I requested he stop. Even if he made it, his large orc self would just break the pole then the taxpayers would have to pay to fix it.

Giant pole jumping

I then rushed out to the port where Slayergod was having issues. One of those strange ruin stones that sometimes gets you to other Allods would not get him there. We soon left it, dismissing it as broken. On my way out there however a scout was asking if they should get heartbreaker. I asked that scout why he wanted to break my heart and informed him I thought we had something real. The scout did not respond to my jesting, but others did. I said I'd stick to strong warriors, but someone else asked if I'd go for someone more intelligent. So I said I'd go for a summoner so we could cuddle while his hellion defended us.

Scouts break hearts, go for warriors

I ended up back at the Boiler, helping my new friends. While there I made a couple more new friends. We were killing some of Tep's followers and my party wanted to try Xaes. I was pretty sure I couldn't do it, but we gave it a shot anyway. After they were all dead and I was close to joining them, I turned around and ran back out again. But no one can say we didn't try.

Resthar and Kherah wait for the boys so they can all go die together

Soon after the day was over and even the undead must rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment