Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Lord of the Rings Online

It was my first day playing and I played all day until I couldn't stay awake any longer, so that alone should tell you how much I enjoyed the game. I had to wonder why I didn't try it sooner. Of course I'm only level ten right now so we'll wait and see if it can keep my attention. Sometimes games start out great and then get worse as you go along. I don't see any such darkness at the end of the tunnel right how.

Right now I'm Eibwen of Dale. She looks a lot like I'd look if I were thin again, not sure why I did that. Well, thin again and got more sun, she has freckles and light auburn hair. Normally when other races are available I don't play humans much.

Players in the game can actually play instruments. I haven't tried this myself yet so I don't know what all is involved. (I don't read the wiki or anything before playing games, I like to discover as I go and read only when I have issues.) In the small town of Combe, just outside the local tavern I came across a group of minstrels playing their instruments. I of course had to sit and watch. At first I danced along, but the song they played was slow and kinda sad sounding and my dance was clamping and stomping, which didn't fit. I did not think to take a screen shot at that time, so most the names I don't remember, except for Gesthle, and that was only because when we all fainted he was laying on my legs which made me glad I wasn't wearing a skirt and I said so.

Later among some ruins where the bandit gang Blackwold hide out I found Gesthle again and he seemed to be in a spot of trouble, so I killed one of the bandits attacking him. I then ran immediately into four that attacked me, forcing him to return the favor only a second later and come to my aide. Another also came to my aide and healed me, though I regret I was too busy looking for a way out with my life by then to catch his name. (though I took time to do a wave emote, so you'd think I'd have the time.)

Later I found him in Combe once more playing his music and was soon joined by another and so I sat and listened a bit before retiring for the night.
Photobucket
Photobucket

And it's rather creepy how many people will stop and stare at me when I'm sleeping in the inn in Combe. (No, I didn't leave my character in the bed overnight, just messed around by sleeping in the beds a couple of times when I had to step afk for a few.)

No comments:

Post a Comment