Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

LOTRO: Grandma Eibwen

I went exploring today to see what I could see. I found a place called Ost Barandor from which the views at the top were phenomenal. If it wasn't for the bears I might would have considered one day building a house on top those ruins. Well, the bears and the distance to civilization. I am not a country girl.


I was hunting boar near the horsefields when I ran across my father. It's amazing how often I just happen to run across him. I wonder if he secretly follows me around to ensure my safety? Or to try and coerce me into adopting dwarves. He was insistent to Arkanto, my brother, and I that one of us needed to adopt a certain dwarf Father had found.


Arkanto does not want children at all, and I already have one son. Sadly, father convienced that son to adopt the dwarf to further the strength of the family. Strenght in numbers . . and our bonds which happen to be pretty strong. so Strapnel became the father of the dwarf, Stigfroth.


Speaking of my son, Strapnel -his father named him. I was in Bree later that night and found him on the streets. I was reminding him to take a clean change of underclothes with him if he went out hunting when another man came to chat with us. I tried to land him as Strapnel's new father.


My attempts to do so almost seemed to be working when Hollowolf asked us to follow him back to The Prancing Pony where he proceeded in trying to get me drunk.


Thing did not seem to work out between us. I blame my father. After I sent Strapnel to bed, Father showed up with a young lad who looked older than he was. This lad was Mardor and Father insisted I adopt him. I was unsure because of his name, I was sure it was a bad omen because it was so similar to Mordor. But I took him in as my own. and he promptly began to jump on the elf I was trying to court. I need to find a father for him quickly because he could use some discipline in his life. I instead got a new hairdo.


Which Thaodur made fun of, asking if it was my grandmother hair since I had become a grandmother. I didn't bother to ride around him, but made him leap out of the way of Esroh, my faithful mare. He's just upset that a girl from a farm in Bree-land is a better rider than a man from Rohan.


I cheered myself up by picking the house I want in Grandfather Kudo's neighborhood. It's a nice little place, surrounded by water on three sides. And it's not far from the town store or the party plaza. I can imagine inviting the family over for swimming parties in the river behind my house. I just need a lot more gold first. And pray that no one else buy it before I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment