Pages

Saturday, May 10, 2003

Jerrath: May 10


     The day itself uneventful. I hung out with Ciara some, and with Ruthie some. Ruthie must go away on a long trip that will keep her away and hidden from the rest of Jerrath until late in August. I will miss her, so I spent the day with her contemplating barrels on piers. We ended up figuring that the barrels were full of spring water from Lake Quintal. Ruthie tested the water and it was good. Or so she said. I don't like water, so I didn't try it.

     Before I won a room to sleep in Ruthie was one of the few who slept out at the campfire near The Inn with me. I had taken to calling her my room mate, despite there was no room to share at the campfire. Ruthie is a good friend and a decent person. In our younger days we were a bit wild and reckless. We stole our shares of kills and picked up our share of other peoples' hard earned trophies. We may have even looted a peer or two. We were young, so we never got more than a handful of gold and a cap from it. If we were really lucky we might find a flail that wasn't broken too much. Ah, those were the days. . . wouldn't wish them back. But it's good to think back on your past and to reflect on how you've grown as a person and to know you are wiser for everything that happened to you, good or bad.





No comments:

Post a Comment