Pages

Friday, June 20, 2003

Jerrath: June 20




     Mostly I just hang around right now. I do my best to keep law and order in Jerrath and try to enforce the laws of the land as given by the great black dragon, Kael. Many do not seem to understand that I work for Kael and I too have to follow the rules. They either think I'm making them up on the spot, or they're asking me to break them. It's a strange world. Do they not think I won't get in trouble for disobeying too? I've already seen a dragon fall since my ascension. I do not wish to follow that same path to despair.

     I do a little of this and a little of that for the clans and for people who request it of me. I do not archive those things in this journal, for fear of this one day being published and letting out another's secrets. All the journals of all the greats are always published. When I started my journal, I was thinking it'd be published after my death to show the works of what I hoped would be a great enchantress. Now immortality threatens me. I will never be recognized for any work I do as an enchantress, for my being a dragon will overshadow it. At times I feel that I am the victim of racism. Why do they treat me such, just because I'm a dragon?

No comments:

Post a Comment